Reread: August 2-3rd
Rating: All the stars
Nemesis is a Diabolic. Created to protect a galactic Senator’s daughter, Sidonia. There’s no one Nemesis wouldn’t kill to keep her safe. But when the power-mad Emperor summons Sidonia to the galactic court as a hostage, there is only one way for Nemesis to protect Sidonia.
She must become her.
Now one of the galaxy’s most dangerous weapons is masquerading in a world of corruption and Nemesis has to hide her true abilities or risk everything. As the Empire begins to fracture and rebellion looms closer, Nemesis learns that there is something stronger than her deadly force: the one thing she’s been told she doesn’t have – humanity. And, amidst all the danger, action and intrigue, her humanity might be the only thing that can save her, Sidonia and the entire Empire…
So after I finished Lord of Shadows, I instantly started rereading this gem. I rarely ever reread books, much less reread them within six months of the initial read. But. Lord of Shadows was no good for me and I really wanted…no…NEEDED a good read.
It’s been really crazy the last few weeks and after I read Lord of Shadows my husband goes, “Are you alright? Do you need a good book to read?”
He knows wassup.
Then my book reading BFF was reading The Diabolic and she was sending me screenshots of all her favorite scenes and I just decided that I needed to reread it too.
So I basically have not slept and I ate cheeto puffs for dinner in bed at 11:30pm last night…but I did reread The Diabolic and it was amazing.
- Nemesis. I just did a Top Five Tuesday on my favorite female leads and I can’t believe I forgot about Nemesis. I’m so sorry Nemesis, I knew I was leaving someone out and I hate that it was you. She is seriously the most badass character. Why? Because she’s not emotional. She’s not sappy. She doesn’t even think, she just knows her purpose, knows what to do and she will murder anyone to protect Sidonia. The whole time I’m reading this book I’m cheering for Nemesis. FINALLY! A character who is able to be hard core and doesn’t apologize for it. She’s been chemically and physically altered into a killing and protecting machine and man I love her for it. I could go on and on.
- The development was so awesome. I’m gonna try to keep this spoiler free, but I will say that I was really fearful of how Nemesis was going to develop as a character. Because this story would not be appealing if Nemesis never felt emotion. Who can relate to that? Instead we have this story of this woman who starts to understand herself and where she came from and is able to begin to understand compassion and beauty and all these things that she never did before. And she learned all of this while being self sacrificing to protect Sidonia. And also being badass.
- Deadly. He was the best and I want him as my pet and I love him. Every scene that involves him made me have all the feels.
- TYRUS. That’s all I really can say because I don’t want to spoil anything.
- The plot was so engaging and I loved every part of it.
I can’t recommend this book enough. It’s one of my favorites from 2017! Obvs, I read it twice already this year. Which usually only happens after I read a really crappy book and need to remind myself that there are good books out there.
Have you read The Diabolic?! What your thoughts?